There are many projects that we can undertake to improve our homes, some more expensive than others, but one of those home improvements that is often overlooked is the integration of wooden windows and doors into your home. This is not a small project, but one that could be included in a full renovation, or maybe you are ready for a full window replacement.
Over the years wooden windows were seen as something that can only be used in period style homes including Victorian and Edwardian houses, but nowadays this style is being utilised in many different types, and ages of home including contemporary houses.
Listed below are some of the reasons why hardwood windows and doors could benefit your home:
– They can look incredibly classy when compared to the white UPVC plastic products, and the bespoke designs that can be utilised make it possible for the hardwood products to easily compliment many different design schemes.
– Gone are the days when these timber designs suffered from rot etc. With the high quality timber materials and excellent durable finishes, there is no reason why these products can’t last a lifetime.
– Using hardwood as the material means that it seamlessly opens up the possibility of also incorporating wooden bi-fold doors to the rear of your house. These are a first class way to completely open up the rear of your house as they easily fold back to reveal the outdoors.
– Many decorative designs can be achieved with the modern paint materials, enabling your doors and windows to be styled in keeping with the rest of your home. With UPVC windows this is not so easy as they are much more limited in their finishes.
– There is no doubt about it, a hardwood front door with beautiful decorative glazing looks stunning. As the front door is the first thing that people see as they enter your house, it goes without saying that this is an important feature to look nice.
– Wooden windows will also look great from the inside of the house. Looking down the hallway at a lovely hardwood front door is an excellent design feature, as are casement and box sash windows or sliding doors when viewed from the inside.
So there you have it, no longer are these products just for a period home but also a stunning option for your modern contemporary home too. Many manufacturers of these products also fit them, so you can rest assured that they will be installed to the highest level.