If your home is in need of a boost, there are many ways one can make the living space a little bit nicer. The modern look is definitely in, and with lots of straight lines and a combination of mat and sheen surfaces, modern materials enable you to create textures. Here are a few ideas that can transform a dull residence into a sleek, new home.
- Polished Concrete Floors: The latest generation of concrete is not only durable, it looks fantastic, and with the right polishing, a concrete floor is the ideal foundation for a contemporary home, office, or commercial space. If you are living in the UK, and are looking for polished concrete floors in London, there are online companies with a wealth of experience working with this versatile material. The design possibilities are endless, and you would have to talk to an expert, as they would be able to suggest many options.
- Glass Balustrades: These really work with the industrial look, and with sleek, stainless steel frames, the contemporary look is complete. Using glass for screening, both inside and out, has become very popular in the past decade, and with toughened glass as standard, there is no safety issue. Glass is ideal for shower screens, balconies and staircases, and with a choice of framed or frameless, you can tailor the look.
- Blinds: The range of modern blinds offers the homeowner many styles and designs, and by using the right fabric, you can highlight the room, while having fine control over privacy and light. Sleek roller blinds with motorised solutions enable the perfect screening at the touch of a button, and with UV protection built in, your furniture will be protected from direct sunlight. The units are all custom made to fit the aperture, and with a choice of opening styles, any type of window can be screened.
- UPVC Windows and Doors: The perfect combination, and the extra value new windows will add to the property makes it a sound investment. Double glazed units will keep the home well insulated, not to mention the security benefits that replacement windows and doors will bring. The British weather is something that requires a solid barrier in the home, and you can say goodbye to draughts and condensation with UPVC windows. It is an expensive improvement, but you will reap the benefits for many years to come.
- Exterior Shutters: An inexpensive way to transform the outside of your home, and with composite materials, you have zero maintenance, plus the added security that this type of screening offers. Anodised aluminium comes in many colours, and there is always timber, depending on your choice.
Concrete, glass, and stainless steel can provide the basis of a very attractive living environment, and with a range of finishes, you can create a unique ambience, while having an effective and very durable living space. Contemporary styles are complemented with modern materials, and if the design is well thought out, you will have an efficient home.